Saturday, March 12, 2011

I hate recipes that lie!

Especially those who lie with pictures of delicious treats!

I shouldn't complain, really, because this recipe for Afghans has led to a delicious batch of biscuits (cookies for those not down-under!).  But really, the picture they use if quite deceptive, and made me wonder if I was doing something wrong.

Here is the picture from the recipe




And here are my afghans
Like I said, not bad, but looking at the first picture you would have no idea there were any cornflakes in them at all.



But all in all, a success.  I think if I made the recipe again I would use coco-pops, and only one cup of cereal so the biscuit holds together better.  But perhaps a crumbly biscuit just calls for more chocolate icing to hold it together.  This is my favourite thing about baking, taking raw, mostly inedible ingredients and creating something completely different.


In terms of my list for this year, I had a great day shopping at Kmart today, and bought a metal muffin tin!  So I will cross that off my wishlist, and the plan is to make Yorkshire pudding along with corned beef for dinner tomorrow night!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment